SCOTLAND were frustrated by the weather yesterday in their attempt to secure a second World Cricket League win over Nepal at Cambusdoon, Ayr.

Having opted to bowl first, the Scots dismissed their rivals for 167 but, after a lengthy weather interruption between innings, had reached 15-0 from only ten deliveries that were possible before the rain washed-out play for the day.

They will return this morning requiring a further 90 runs from 20.2 overs to claim another two points and join the Netherlands at the top of the eight-team WCL Championship table.

While the Scottish bowlers had looked fatigued in the opening encounter on Wednesday, yesterday they were dominant, refusing to let the Nepal batsmen claim the initiative at any stage.

The tone was set by Ali Evans, an increasingly impressive leader of the bowling pack, who struck in his second over to remove Mahesh Chhetri, the batsman's attempted hook finding the hands of George Munsey.

It got better still for the Scots when Safyaan Sharif removed Wednesday's centurion, Anil Mandal.

Perhaps frustrated that twenty-one deliveries had failed to yield a single boundary, Mandal tried to carve a short ball through the offside but succeeded only in top-edging it to Craig Wallace at third man.

Mark Watt then joined the attack to claim a wicket with his first delivery in 50-over international cricket, trapping Gyanendra Malla in front.

It was to be the left-arm spinner's only scalp but a return of 1-32 from his ten-over stint represented a welcome rehabilitation following the painful mauling at the hands of Afghanistan's Mo Shahzad which effectively ended Watt's action in the World T20 Qualifier.

At 31-3, Nepal were in desperate need of a partnership but only ten runs were added before Gavin Main found the edge of Paras Khadka's bat and Matthew Cross took the catch to remove the opposition's other main danger man.

If that was regulation stuff for the former Aberdeenshire wicket-keeper, the catch he took to give Michael Leask his first wicket was anything but, Cross diving full length to hang on as Pradeep Airee's promising knock was brought to an abrupt end on 16.

It was left to Sharad Vesawkar to offer the most sustained resistance, the middle order man facing sixty-six painstaking deliveries and managing just two boundaries in his 30 before Cross claimed his third catch as Evans returned to telling effect.

Evans also accounted for Prithu Baskota, who had stroked one boundary and a maximum before being trapped lbw.

Evans finished with impressive figures of 3-18 while Sharif and Main joined Leask is claiming two each as the Scots dismissed their rivals for 167 from the first ball of the final over.

The delay means the majority of the Scotland players who had been due to return to their clubs after a month of international duty, will again be missing this afternoon while Ayr's scheduled Western Union clash with Drumpellier has been put on hold.